Saturday, June 23, 2012

Vacay from Heaven part 2

I left you guys with Sunday. The day of relaxing. Relaxing we did too. We started out with more of this...


We had a cook-out Sunday evening which required Jason and I to make a trip to Wal-Mart for some hotdogs and stuff. We really looked a mess. Neither of us had showered and we were fresh out of the pool. Jase had been playing outside so he was dirty and bare-footed (which is the way I grew up). We head into Wal-Mart and get our stuff. When we got to the check out there was this young, well dressed lady standing behind us in line. She kept making eye-contact with me and acting as though she wanted to say something to me. Eventually, she tapped me on the shoulder and asked if she could PAY FOR OUR STUFF. Of course, I said yes! I was taught early on to never rob someone else of a blessing. I grinned ear to ear leaving that store. God followed me to NC :) I couldn't wait to tell everyone about that. If any of you have really talked to me you know I think Wal-Mart is the DEVIL and there was God right there. It was awesome!

Anyway, later that night we grilled and played cornhole with some of my mom's friends. It was a lot of fun. It is fun to see my mom having fun and living life so freely. I love to see her laugh. When we all get together for family dinners that is all we do. Reminisce and laugh until we cry. It is so good for my heart.


On Monday we took Jase to the beach! It was so much fun. The day was perfect. It was warm out but over cast so it wasn't too hot and sun wasn't beating down. This time we went to Emerald Isle. It is much more family friendly. This is Jase's first sand castle ever!


He did pretty good. Him and his daddy walked down the beach and picked up some seashells and just let the water run over his feet. Jase didn't like the water very much.


After we left the beach we headed toward the Pine Knolls Aquarium. I hadn't been there since the 3rd grade so it was like a first time for us all. We couldn't believe that it was only $8 per person! We saw all kinds of animals. I touched a stingray which wss the slimiest thing ever. We saw sharks, jellyfish, seahorses, penguins, octopus, otters (which was my fav), lobster...if it lived in the water, we saw it.

This will be a lot of pictures so be ready...



Monday night we spent some grown up time with my brother and sister and sister in law. We ate at East Coast Wings! That place was yummy. We had a great time just laughing and talking. Jason and Michael have become really good friends. It is hard to explain why that is so important to me! i love my sister but there is something about my brother. We have a bond that is unique. It just is and we will leave it at that.

Tuesday was another family day! Then on Wednesday we came back home! I love Tennessee and all the people here but I will say that there are some super special people back in North Carolina and it's always tough to leave them. I love my family with my whole heart. They mean more to me than I ever realized. This trip changed something about each relationship. I am not sure what exactly happened but each one of those relationships are a lot more simple now!








No comments:

Post a Comment