Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Letting Go...

I got my feelings hurt today. You know the kind of hurt feelings where you have the lump in your throat and you fight the tears for hours. The hurt feelings that come from nowhere. The hurt feelings that could have been avoided completely with a simple discussion.

The discussion didn't happen. The feeling were hurt. The tears came even through the avid fight that I fought.

I was told to "Toughen up". I know I should. I know I shouldn't let hurting people hurt me but I can't help it. When someone does something deliberately to you, you just can't help it.

I do not like this emotion. This feeling of betrayal. This feeling of shame. This feeling of holding back when I really want to let go. Not the let go and let God kind of let go but the "Why did you feel that you needed to do this to me SCREAM and release of the tears kind of let go"

Instead, I am letting God heal my heart. Instead, I will love. I will not be angry. I will smile until my emotions are under control. I will forgive.

I will let go.

“It is impossible but that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!” Luke 17:1

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32

“Put on therefore, as the elect of God, … mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering; forebearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts. …” (Col. 3:12–13, 15.)

1 comment:

  1. Michelle- once again I find your forthrightness refreshing. but I especially admire your decision to do what is right event though it is hard. Really like the Col. 3 reference. May God continue to bless you richly.
    Sallie

    ReplyDelete