Friday, February 1, 2013

5MF-Afraid

Time to link up again with Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Friday. It's so easy. Grab the button, blog for 5 minutes and share!

Let's go...

Afraid...when I think of that word I automatically think about literal fear. Fear of spiders, the dark, heights, etc but let's get real right now.

What am I really afraid of?

*failure

*someone finding out that in June of 2009 I did the unthinkable and until last year, what I felt unforgivable.

*not being accepted

*my kids not being able to succeed in life due to my lack of parenting skills

*being alone

*not ever having an intimate relationship with Jesus

*never letting go and truely worshipping my God

*speaking up (I know to some that is a funny statement but trust me, when it's important to me I HOLD BACK)

Well, there ya have it. Some of my inner fears that I hate owning up too or even admitting.

Anyone else have these issues?

Time's up!

Happy Friday

Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. Finding you through FMF. Thank you for speaking these fears aloud. So often it seems they multiply when we keep quiet about them. I relate to so many here -- particularly being alone, not being accepted and my kids not being able to succeed in life due to my lack. Ugh. Bless you as you trust Jesus with each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good piece of writing.
    I am intrigued about the June 2009 incident and it makes me want to explore your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will not find it there :) That one no one knows about and I hope to keep it that way. I am forgiven, it is forgotten by the most important man in my life (God) and I have moved on. I would LOVE for you to explore more though...feel free to follow :)

      Delete