Thursday, January 17, 2013

Empty

Ever have those days when you just feel empty.

I am having a day like that today. In fact, I have been having weeks like that. Weeks of feeling empty.

Weeks of feeling as though I have nothing to give. I have nothing to share. I have nothing to say.

I long to start pecking on the keys. I long to upload a cute little picture to go with my story but I have no story to tell. I feel alone and empty in this place.

I long for conversation but have nothing to say. I long for togetherness but have no desire to entertain. Is this a normal thing?

In a room full of people, I smile and I laugh but on the inside I feel like my words are echos. The sounds are echoing on the walls of the empty space inside. It's not genuine commraderie I feel. It's a toleration of the time I have to spend away from my solitude.

I.FEEL.EMPTY.

Then I think of "The Desert Song"

This is my song in the harvest-where favor and providence flows-I know I'm filled to be emptied again- this seed I've received I will sow.

Is that what this is? Have I sown seed for a season and now I wait to reap the harvest?

Am I at a place where I am waiting for God to fill me up again? Shouldn't I be more like Jesus? Jesus cherished being with people… He enjoyed social occasions … He was a much sought-after dinner guest. Most people were very comfortable around Him and He was comfortable around them. Did he ever feel empty? Did he ever long to be around people but just didn't have it in him to do it?

Am I alone in this? Does anyone else have these experiences?

Empty...


2 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it as well as you but I completely know how you are feeling... I hope it is just one of those times I need to "be still"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best part about knowing Jesus is knowing you are never alone,but know this....it is the alone times where you are soaking it all in! At least that is what I tell myself when I am lonely! I am here for you girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete