Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 10-YOU ARE SPECIAL

Did you ever watch Barney as a kid or have a kid that watched Barney? You know Barney...the big purple dinosaur!!


He had a song that I used to sing with Christopher. The lyrics were:
You are special, you're the only one. You're the only one like you. There isn’t another in the whole wide world who can do the things you do.

I didn't realize at the time how true those words were. These words are true for each person on this earth.

YOU ARE SPECIAL. YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN DO WHAT YOU WERE CREATED TO DO.

Let's take a look at Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
We are going to discect that scripture so just hold on to your hat. This will be good :P

Have you ever thought this? "God made me to be fearful and wonderful" I know I did until I started studying! :)

I checked out the Strong's Concordance and the word wonderfully in the greek is Palah. Palah means to be distinct. Just to dig a little deeper I looked up distinct too. Distinct means recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type. The word fearfully in the greek is Yare. That word means to stand in awe of, be awed.

So let's read it again...

"I praise you because I am in awe and recognizably different; your works (me) are wonderful (extraordinary). I know that full well."

WOW!! That makes my heart happy people!!

YOU ARE RECOGNIZABLY DIFFERENT.

Noone can do the things God created you to do.

Figure out what that is! Figure out what puts you in your "Sweet Spot". The place where grace and mercy flows. The place where you are effective. The place where you find peace. Are you a stay at home mom? Are you an excellant blogger? Are you a retailer? Are you a pastor? A teacher? Find your place...

However, you will NEVER find you place trying to be someone else. You cannot be yourself if you are mimicing what someone else is doing. You have to find your own way and you will. Most times, it is found in contentment. It is found in prayer. It is found in serving.

God created you in ONE person's image and that image is HIS. With that in mind, don't go around trying to be something your not.

Find your place. Ask God what you were created to do. Then step out and do it.

1 comment: