Monday, October 8, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 8-YOU ARE GIVEN SECOND CHANCES


Have you ever heard anyone say that God is a God of second chances? I hear that all the time and this fact is one that I am most grateful for.

True Story:

A couple of Sunday's ago a new family came to our church. I felt God nudge me to go introduce myself and welcome them. Well, not only was I disobedient I was BLATENTLY disobedient. I said to my friend, "I am going through the other door cause I don't wanna talk to them". I just wasn't in the mood. SERIOUSLY! Not in the mood. Anyway, I didn't think another thing about that until Monday morning when God gave me a second chance to be obedient. I ran into the mother of this family at Walmart. I took that second chance and I introduced myself to this wonderful lady. She was so sweet. Her and I have so much in common and I really hope that I get a chance to spend more time with her.

Here's the deal...

1. Had I been obedient the first time, I would have been in my confidence boosting church clothes. You know, the outfits that make you walk taller.

and

2. I learned that God really has a sense of humor. You see, I had rolled outta bed and into Walmart that day. It took much humility to walk up to this beautifully put together woman and introduce myself.

No matter how many times you mess up, you will get another chance. God isn't about keeping score. He is about allowing you to make your own choices! You own mistakes and he will always be there to remind you that you are loved. You are forgiven. You have another shot.

Another thing about these second chances...if you miss the mark, if you feel led to minister to someone, give a word to someone, etc and you decide that you just ain't gonna do it. Don't feel like the person is left out in the cold. You are not the ONLY person God talks to. You aren't the ONLY person that listens. God will use someone else to minister to them, give the word or whatever that thing is. BUT I MUST WARN YOU...OBEDIENCE IS THE BEST THING EVER. Have you ever heard of a "Runner's High"? That is kinda like what happens when you feel God talking to you, asking you to do something and you do it. It is like a natural high. The adrenaline flows, the heart pounds, the breathe gets heavy...IT.IS.A.GREAT.THING.

The defintion of true revival is: Immediate obedience to God.

If you are just obedient you will create a revival inside yourself.

But like I said before, if you miss it....the chance will come around again and again and again.

God loves you just that much!!

This wasn't supposed to be about obedience but God works that way sometimes!

A little blog humor:

No comments:

Post a Comment