Tuesday, October 23, 2012

31 Days of Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 23-GLORY TO GLORY

Since the 31 day challenge is closing in on 31 days I was getting a little panicked about what I was gonna blog about. But, then grace showed up and reminded me that all things that God shows me is worth sharing even if it doesn't exactly "Fit" with the series. That excited me because I wanted to share this so badly :)

Yesterday I was talking to God about sermons that have been taught over and over. I was thinking about how someone can teach something over and over and over and some people get it immediately but some hear it for 20 years and never really HEAR it.

That's when I posed the question to God.

How is it that some people seem to go Glory to Glory while others just go struggle to struggle?

It's not that the teaching is different. The word isn't different cause it NEVER changes. Grace has been taught so many different ways that if we don't understand it by now we have a learning disorder. God loves us PERIOD. He has given us all things pertaining to LIFE and GODLINESS. We lack NOTHING.

That's when God started talking to me! Side note: this has been such a busy weekend/week for me. My BODY has been so busy but I am learning that even when your body is busy, you can keep your mind and heart at rest and hear from God. It's a good thing. Back to the point:

God revealed to me that EVERYONE goes situation to situation. The difference is the way they see it. For the ones that learn from the situation and get some type of revelation from it, it is Glory to Glory. But for those that just seem to wallow and groan and complain and pity themselves, it is struggle to struggle.

WOW..I will choose Glory to Glory!!

Let me give you a quick example! I am telling off on myself a bit but that's ok...
You see, I have not been a great money manager EVER! My parents spoiled me rotten. I got what I wanted when I wanted it so self deprivation is sparse around here. I digress...I have had my fair share of money problems!! I used to see each one as struggle to struggle because I would moan, groan and gnash my teeth. I would whine "Why God are you doing this to me. You have the power why can't you just fix it" ...pitiful huh?

Then I started seeing these for what they were...learning experiences (trials). I have learned so much about my heart beliefs, about God's promises and his love. These same situations that were previously struggle to struggle are taking me Glory to Glory! Fact is that the situations are fewer and fewer since Glory to Glory has taken over! Thank you Jesus!!

What a revelation!!

I encourage you to learn from your situations! I encourage you to stop complaining! I encourage you to ask God for wisdom, for revelation! When a situation arises GO TO THE THRONE AND NOT THE PHONE. Talk to God FIRST.

2 Corinthians 3:18 says "But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit"

The message says it this way:
"Whenever, though, they (us) turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they (we) are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We’re free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him."

Can you imagine during your situation, God being personally present and you being pitiful? That is absurd. If you are pitiful, you are NOT beholding him as in a mirror!!! The mirror is not reflecting the power in you! It is not reflecting the overcomer that you are!

During your situation (trial) what do you see in the mirror? Powerful or pitiful?

During your situation BEHOLD HIM.

You will learn something about HIM and YOU. You will see that you are finding yourself moving GLORY TO GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment