Friday, October 26, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 26-First Things First

I have had so many FIRSTS this week!


The beginning of the week started with me for the first time trusting God with 100% of my whole self. I was still a little squemish on the inside but God and I...we got this :) I also volunteered at the Habitat for Humanity Cooking on the Square. It was so much fun. Finally, I VOTED TODAY! It was awesome and I almost cried I was so thrilled. Silly? Yes, maybe but it was an experience for me :)




I was so proud of my sticker!!! Check me out!







Of course, thinking about all these firsts in my life got me to thinking about God and how often we put him first. All the following books of the bible have a verse in them referencing firsts: Ezekiel, Proverbs, Nehemiah, Romans, 1 Corinthians, James, Numbers, Leviticus, 2 Chronicles, Jeremiah, Deuteronomy and 2 Kings. I would think that God was trying to tell us something here!

Really think about it...

How often do you put God first?

When you have a problem is God the first one you cry out too?

When you have a celebration do you immediately thank God?

When your feet hit the floor is God the first thing on your mind?

Does God get the first fruits on payday?

Just something to get you thinking tonight...on that priority list of yours where is God?

It's time to put first things first! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment