Wednesday, October 3, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes-Day 3: YOU ARE A CONQUERoR AND COURAGEOUS


I have thought about this post ALL DAY people. This one touches my heart so much because I know first hand that God not only SEES you as a conquerer but he sees you as the courageous heart that you are! He not only sees you that way but sent his Holy Spirit to help you believe that you are! To prompt you to do something courageous and conquer all things!

Who is a conqueror?
A conqueror is a person who overcomes by force. A conqueror presses through until he wins the battle. A conqueror looks at failure as a lesson and then presses on towards success. Even in the face of defeat, a conqueror does not quit. He persists until he gets his breakthrough. A conqueror attains victory by overcoming the enemy.


Have you ever longed to do something but were scared that you would fail? That's where God's grace moves you into a place of courage. His grace will be there to guide you to do that thing that you are longing for.

Example:
When I was 17 years old I weighed 117 pounds (and I thought I was fat HA!) Fast forward to 39 years old..4 children,NO EXERCISE and xx pounds added. I felt God tugging at my heart to run a 5k. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure! I have to tell y'all I was excited. I couldn't wait to try but I didn't really see it in my future, not running anyway. In the past, I have been a big quitter! But, let me tell you how good God is. He also put the same seed in the hearts of some other ladies that were very dear to me and the thoughts of looking at them every Sunday and Wednesday knowing that I quit was just unbearable to me. So, they signed up as well and so I was stuck LOL. I started training with the C25K app (sporadically) but still ate JUNK and really only drank water on the days that I ran. But a wise woman told me the more hydrated I was the easier it would be (thank God for wisdom). Another one told me to SLOW DOWN (more wisdom and thank God for inspiration and the grace to go slow). So, I slowed down..I hydrated..I prayed..I convinced myself! Well, the day came and I really wasn't sure that I could run this entire 5K but that NEVER came outta my mouth (another blog post) From start to finish I ran. I ran 3.16 miles. Was it hard? YES. Did I conquer it? YES. Did it take courage to take that first step? YES. But ladies (I don't think many men blog lol) I.DID.IT. We chanted "I can do all things...I can do all things..." and we did it. It took courage to take that first step! It took God CREATING
me as a conqueror and me seeing myself that way!

God sees me as a courageous spirit. God sees me conquering the world :) God sees me as a 5K runner. He doesn't see me as a quitter! He doesn't see me as frightened!

I finished that race and all other races in my life by standing on God's truth! His truth is "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".

Romans 8:37-39. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you pursuaded that you are more than a conqueror? Are you pursuaded that God sees you that way? Are you ready to see yourself that way?

What race have you been called to start and find the courage to finish? With God, YOU can finish that race! YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!! YOU ARE COURAGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment