Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 13-YOU ARE THE BOSS


While reading a blog by a friend of mine about her sweet boy Jack a statement she made sent my belly into butterflies. I didn't finish reading about her sweet boy because I knew day 13 had to come out NOW. Thanks Audrey :)

"You are not the boss of him. You are only the boss of YOU."~Audrey Blaylock

Think about that for a minute. "You are not the boss of him. You are only the boss of YOU."

Sweet Freedom.

Raise your hand if you have children. OK, stand up if you have ANY friends that sometimes make crazy mistakes. Lastly, give me a wave if you are married, have parents, bosses, co-workers or siblings! YUP! I think that covers everyone.

Now repeat after me... "You are not the boss of him. You are only the boss of YOU."

Do you understand what that means?

That means that it is not your responsibilty to correct them. It is not your fault for their actions or reactions. You are not their holy spirit. It is not your place to gently remind them of their failures in an attempt to make them "see their ways".

Matthew 7:3 says "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?"

The two commandments that Jesus gave is LOVE GOD and LOVE PEOPLE. Not once does he ever say "LOVE GOD. LOVE PEOPLE. TELL THEM WHAT TO DO AND HOW WRONG THEY ARE WHEN THEY MESS UP"

If you are loving God and loving people all the rest will work itself out. I know that there are exceptions to this rule. I know that sometimes God will give his children words or directions for others but I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER had a word from anyone that made me feel bad about myself. Never has a word from God felt judgemental, mean, accusatory or made me want to hide in a hole.

If you feel that someone is doing something BAD and God wants you to be the one to tell them, you better make sure it really is God you are hearing and not a version of YOU trying to be BOSS. LOVE NEVER FAILS. Pray about it.

PARENTS: Another nugget from my blogger friend...
If you have children that are going crazy, whether they are little or adult, YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF THEM. YOU ARE ONLY THE BOSS OF YOU. What do you think God thought when Adam botched it all up in garden? Do you think he moped around the heavens and said to himself...wow, I really failed with that one? Sure, he grieved but not because Adam messed up and not because he messed up with Adam but because he would not have that relationship that he originally planned. Guess what happened?? PLAN B :) I can't tell you how happy Plan B makes me sometimes! He provided the fig leaf the consequences and moved on.

You should do the same! If you have some rebellion going on in your house and your kids are doing things that you feel are wacko...PROVIDE A FIG LEAF, THE CONSEQUENCES AND MOVE ON. You are not the boss of them. You are only the boss of you. Understand that I am not talking about hands off parenting here. You gotta be a parent. You gotta have some responsibility for your babies but there is a huge difference in BOSSING to have control and LOVING for obedience. I hope you understand the difference. If not, ask for help!

As you go through your relationship check list, always remember those little words...
"YOU ARE NOT THE BOSS OF THEM. YOU ARE ONLY THE BOSS OF YOU." Love people. Don't try to be their God. Don't try to be their holy spirit.

Life will be so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment