Monday, October 29, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 29-Actions vs. Words

This post has been on my heart for a couple of days now. I haven't posted it yet because I had to check my heart motives for it. Was I going about it to "put people in their place" or was my goal really to help people? Finally, God spoke to me loud and clear! "Michelle", he said, "regardless of YOUR motive behind it MY motive is to set people free!" And with that...I am typing :) It all started at my book club meeting on Thursday night.


A great friend of mine said to me, "I am a human BEing not a human DOing." Which makes perfect sense to me! God didn't create us or require us to DO anything to be more righteous in fact the only thing we have to DO is accept Jesus and BE all the things he calls us. That is good news y'all. That is freedom.

The concept of actually allowing ourselves to be human BEings and doing things for the kingdom out of that fascinates me. In fact, I find myself still mesmorized by it all. When I am BEing all that God calls me; all the things I DO are effortless. I had a constant thought all weekend about things I DO. Am I doing those things because of who I am or am I doing them out of a need to BE someone else.

Fast forward to Sunday morning during praise and worship at my church. The praise and worship team is singing the songs chosen for the morning.

"My chains fell off my heart was free. I'm alive to live for you!"

Immediately, God said to me, "Are you? Do your actions show me that?" Next song:

"My hope is in you God. I am steadfast, I will not be moved. I'm anchored, never shaken. My hope is in you."

Again, God said to me, "Is it? Do your actions show that?" Next song:

"Your Presence is all I need, It’s all I want, all I seek Without it, without it there’s no meaning. Your Presence is the air I breathe The song I sing, the love I need
Without it, without it I’m not living."

Once again, God spoke to me but this time it was different. This time he said, "Look around you. Does this generation believe this? They SAY they do but their actions speak louder than their words."



What I saw was a generation of people that say all the right things about God but I didn't see any worship. I didn't see any response to God. He was there, so present but there were people talking to their neighbor, texting, sitting, biting their nails. God called us to worship and I know we all worship differently but I also know that there was alot of NON worship going on. This same generation of people are called to BE great things and they say all the right words but their life, their actions say something completely different.

James 1:8 says "Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do."

So, I ask you this...what do your actions say about your walk?

Do you always SAY that God is good yet you mope about your situation?

Do you SAY that you are a worshipper, yet sit during a praise and worship service or talk to your neighbor?

Do you SAY that God has set you free but you are so tangled up in bondage that you can't lift your hands to the father that loves you?

Do you SAY that God has prospered you yet you hoard everything you can get your hands on?

Sometimes I am guilty of all of these things! Are you?

If you SAID yes, repent (change your mind) about yourself.

Your words create your future! Don't let your actions speak louder than your words!

No comments:

Post a Comment