Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days to Seeing Through God's Eyes: Day 2-YOU ARE LOVED


To say that God loves you is such a generic thing to me now. Our society throws the word LOVE around like the penny. Like it doesn't have much worth and most people nowadays walk over pennies seeing that they are useless and they treat love the same way.

I have a two teenage daughters that LOVE everything from Adam Levine to Giraffes, from chocolate gravy to macaroni and cheese, from Chaco's to Tom's...you get my drift? Sometimes I find myself wondering if they really know what the word LOVE really means and I know deep in my heart that they don't. I know deep in my heart that neither of them would be willing to DIE for any of those things nor would they be willing to sacrifice their first born for them! But God did just that!

In case you didn't know, John 3:16 (The Message) says “This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn’t go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again." Can you imagine a love so great that you would be willing to sacrifice your FLESH and BLOOD just so others could live? I have tried to imagine that and I have NEVER been able to wrap my head around it.

I looked up the word Love in Webster and don't think they quite get it either (HA!) It says that Love means a stong or constant regard for and dedication to someone. But I can tell you that this doesn't even scratch the service.

The God of the universe is WILD about you! He looks at you through eyes of compassion. His heart skips a beat when he thinks of you. He would trade his favorite snack at lunch with you everyday. He enjoys listening to you sing and for those of us that sound less like a song bird than others that is a really big deal.

It's hard for me to put into words how God feels about you. It's hard for me to describe for you in black and white what this love really means but God can show you. God can speak straight to your heart if you ask so why not do that today?

Ask God to show you what it looks like "Seeing yourself LOVED through his eyes"

I did and it changed my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment